Things to Know
• The Works is not responsible for lost or stolen articles under any condition. Patrons are advised to lock lockers but are strongly encouraged to leave valuables at home.
Lost & Found
• The Works is a scent-free facility. Please do not use scented products before or during your visit to the facilities.
• Use of all cameras and video equipment is not permitted in the facilities.
• The use of cell phones is not permitted in the change rooms.
• The Works is not responsible for lost or stolen membership cards or cards left at the Customer Service Centre.
• We reserve the right to revoke membership privileges from individuals who do not adhere to the rules and regulations of the facility. Members who assist with unauthorized entry into the facilities may have their membership privileges suspended or terminated.
• Hours of operation are subject to change due to user patterns, special events and seasonal closures.
• Users must adhere to all rules and regulations posted throughout the facility.
• Changes, errors and omissions may occur during and after printing, advertising and publishing. We regret any inconvenience that errors may cause however we are not responsible for printing or typographical errors. Please check with staff for accurate information. The Works reserves the right to change prices, schedules, policies and other information at anytime.
Pool Rules at MUN Pool
A certain level of conduct and behavior is required to assure the safety of all those using the facility. A body of water must be respected for its potential danger.
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a responsible supervisor 15 years of age or older. Children must be within arms length of supervisor at all times. Maximum two children per supervisor.
- Obey all instructions of the lifeguards & other staff.
- The pool deck & change rooms floors are wet. No fast walking, running or pushing as wet surfaces are slippery.
- All users must shower before entering the pool.
- Bathing suits only. No cut-offs, below the knee shorts, T-shirts etc.
- Outdoor footwear, food, drink and glass containers are not permitted on the pool deck or in change rooms.
- Dispose of gum, band-aids, etc before entering the pool.
- Everyone on pool deck must wear proper swim wear and must have paid admission during recreational swims.
- Fins, masks, snorkels and personal toys, tubes and similar devices are not permitted in the pool.
- Persons with open wounds or sores are not permitted to use the pool.
- Go to the nearest exit if fire alarm sounds.
- Clear pool immediately when you hear a “long blast” of a whistle
- Users must adhere to all posted rules and regulations posted throughout the facility.
The Works Risk Statement
All Guests, Members, Students and any other individual who visits The Works do so at their own risk. The Works, its owners and employees do not accept responsibility for any injury or accident to any individuals while at The Works. The Works is not responsible for any theft, lost or damaged articles-all personal belongings are the responsibility of the individual. There are inherent risks involved in any activity; individuals participating in activities at The Works are strongly encouraged to obtain medical clearance from their doctor before engaging in any physical activity. Individuals are also encouraged to obtain adequate health and accident insurance prior to participating, as individuals are responsible for any and all costs arising out of injury or property damage sustained through participation. Should an individual become injured while at The Works, they are to notify a Facility Supervisor immediately by advising the staff at the Customer Service Desk.
Risk Statement Revised: June 20, 2023