September 1, 2020
The health and safety of our employees and customers is our number one priority. Given the guidance on gatherings outlined in public health documents, The Works will not re-open the Aquarena pool in the short term. At this time, it is not financially feasible to operate the Aquarena pool with limited capacities.
The Field House and Aquarena Fitness Centre are open to provide fitness and recreation services to our valued members.
As we move through the fall, The Works will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and public health guidance. If public health guidance changes, we will re-evaluate and provide a further update.
Effective August 24th, wearing a non-medical mask that covers the nose and mouth is mandatory while in The Works facilities.
- Members and users are to wear a mask as much as possible inside the facility and maintain a 2-metre distance from others.
- Members and users are not required to wear their masks while actively engaging in exercise, including Personal Training Sessions and Fitness Classes.
- Members and Users must wear a mask when going in and out of the facility, to and from the changeroom, while in the changeroom and washroom area, travelling from one fitness room to another, waiting for a class etc.
- We strongly recommend that Members carry their mask with them at all times.
- For more information: Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Public Health Protection and Promotion Act, Special Measures Order (Masks)