The Works has a variety of fitness classes which take place in the Field House on Green Court B. Registration is not required, membership or drop-in fee applies. Check into the Field House Customer Service Desk to attend all classes.
Please note that The Works may change the fitness classes offered at any time.
Fitness Class Descriptions
- Body Bar - This class combines high-intensity cardio intervals with resistance training, using a body bar, dumbbells, and steps.
- Boot Camp - Drills, sprints, weights, and sometimes a circuit, to build strength and endurance. Enjoy a tough and rewarding workout with lunges, squats, pushups, crunches, and a whole lot more.
- Cardio, Core & Tone - A high intensity and full body workout targeting core, strength, stability, and toning. A variety of equipment, including dumbbells, body bars, and steps, may be used to promote cardiovascular benefits.
- Core & More-Class focusing on exercises to build core strength incorporating weights, balls, body to sculpt arms, chest, and legs.
- Dance Fit - Dance fit is a dance-based cardio class designed to get you moving to a variety of upbeat songs. It's a high-energy, easy to learn, calorie burning, crazy-exciting dance workout. In this class, you will sweat out your stress with diverse movements to strengthen and sculpt your body all while having a great time. No dance experience necessary!
- Mega Mix - Mega Mix is a mashup of freestyle cardio, core conditioning and strength training exercises using dumbbells, weighted bars and bodyweight with an element of a yoga stretch rolled into one to create a full body workout. A fantastic fitness class that is high-calorie burning and muscle building that you won’t want to miss.
- Morning Fit - This low impact cardio class is light on the joints, but offers a solid workout. It features easy to learn moves and fun, upbeat music, followed by a toning and core workout.
- Pilates & Toning - This class begins with a Yoga style warm up and leads into Pilates moves designed to enhance muscle tone, strength, and flexibility.
- Seniors Fitness - This class is designed specifically with Seniors in mind, featuring low impact exercises to help improve strength, balance, and mobility.
- Basic Step - Traditional and basic moves, light choreography, and instruction on proper technique when using the step.
- Intermediate/Advanced Step - A high-intensity class with unique moves, as well as fun and challenging choreography.
- Total Body Conditioning - A class designed to maximize time with a variety of calorie incinerating movements. Come ready for a challenge, and learn a new array of cardio and resistance training exercises.
- Ultimate Conditioning - Conditioning sessions are designed for maximum calorie burn in the shortest amount of time. Come ready to blast your system with a huge variety of cutting-edge cardio, muscle endurance, and resistance training exercise.
- Water Fitness
- Shallow - Held in the shallow end of the Aquarena pool, this class uses low impact aerobic training to improve strength and cardio in a fun and beginner friendly environment.
- Deep - Held in the deep end of the Aquarena or MUN pool, this class combines swimming with resistance training and water aerobics for a challenging and refreshing workout. All participants must be comfortable swimming in deep water because the flotation devices provided are not life jackets.
- Basic - Introduce yourself to the benefits of Yoga, including improved flexibility and balance, muscle endurance, long and lean muscles, enhanced focus and stress relief.
- Core- Intermediate yoga class with a focus on core strengthening.
Zumba® -Zumba fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program. The routines feature interval-training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body. Add some Latin flavor into the mix and you’ve got Zumba!
Memberships & Pricing
Fitness Class Drop-In: $4.85/class
The following memberships include access to Fitness Classes:
|1 Mo.||3 Mo.||6 Mo.||1 Yr.
|Dryland Fitness Classes
OR Water Fitness Classes
|Field House Combo||63.00||190.00||340.00||600.00||53.50|
|Field House Combo
Deluxe 2nd Adult
All prices are plus HST.
Spin class is a fun cardiovascular workout using a stationary bicycle. Your instructor will simulate a variety of sprinting and hill climbing drills enabling you to build your cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, and endurance. Classes are for all levels, beginners to advanced, as you are in control of your resistance level on your bike and how hard you want to work in class.
Seats can be booked up to 6 days in advance at the Field House or Aquarena Customer Service Desks and by calling 864-4422. Payment is due at time of booking. There are 19 seats available per class and drop-in seats are based on availability. Schedules, prices, and instructors are subject to change at any time.
Memberships & Pricing
Spin Class Drop-Ins
- Members(Prime Time Basic, Field House Combo & Student Members): $6.15
- Non-Members: $12.25
The following memberships include access to Spin Classes:
Prime Time Deluxe.