Present your membership card or pay a drop-in fee at the Aquarena Customer Service Centre before using the facilities.
Aquarena Fitness Centre members must have their swipe membership cards to gain access to changerooms on the lower level and to the upper level fitness centre.
Field House & P.E. Building
Before using the facilities you must pass in your membership or student card or pay a drop-in fee at the Field House Customer Service Centre to obtain an access wristband that must be worn and visible to staff at all times.
- Aquarena Pool- Children under 8 must be accompanied in the water by a responsible supervisor 15 years of age or older and must be within arms length at all times. Maximum 2 children per supervisor
- Lane Swimming - MUN & Aquarena -All lane swims are restricted to those 15 years of age or older. Swimmers must be able to swim 25m continuously.
- Aquarena Fitness Centre -Must be 18 yrs of age or older. Junior Memberships (13+) are available.
- Indoor Track & Courts - Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum 6 children per supervisor.
- Fitness Classes - Must be 15 years of age or older.
- Squash Courts Physical Education Building Courts -Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Aquarena Squash Courts -Must be 18 years of age or older or children aged 8 -18 must be registered in the supervised lesson program
Change Rooms and Showers
Aquarena customers have access to public change rooms and showers. Children age 6 and over must use the appropriate gender changeroom. The special needs change room can be used by caretakers assisting special needs customers and parents with children ages 6-8 of the opposite sex who are unable to change by themselves.
Aquarena Fitness Centre members have access to members only change rooms and showers located on the lower level. Children are not permitted in the members only change rooms.
Field House and other recreation facility customers of The Works have access to change rooms and showers located on the main floor of the Field House as well as change rooms and showers in the Physical Education Building.
In the Aquarena, there are coin operated lockers ($0.50 / Two Quarters) in the public changerooms. The Aquarena Fitness Centre changeroom lockers are not coin operated, members need to bring their own lock and belongings must be removed when leaving the facilities.
In the Field House, there are coin operated lockers ($0.50 / Two Quarters) by the Customer Service Centre and also in the changerooms. There are also lockers located in the changeroom and users need to bring their own lock and remove belongings when they leave the facility.
The Physical Education Building changeroom lockers are available on a per visit and rental basis. Users must bring their own lock.
We advise all patrons to keep their lockers locked at all times, as The Works is not responsible for lost or stolen articles under any circumstances. We recommend that you leave valuables at home as thefts do occur.