The Works has a variety of fitness classes which take place in the Field House on Green Court B. Registration is not required, membership or drop-in fee applies. Check into the Field House Customer Service Desk to attend all classes.
Please note that The Works may change the fitness classes offered at anytime.
Fitness Class Descriptions
- Body Bar - This class combines high intensity cardio intervals with resistance training, using a body bar, dumbbells, and steps.
- Boot Camp - Drills, sprints, weights, and sometimes a circuit, to build strength and endurance. Enjoy a tough and rewarding workout with lunges, squats, pushups, crunches, and a whole lot more.
- Cardio, Core & Tone - A high intensity and full body workout targeting core, strength, stability, and toning. A variety of equipment, including dumbbells, body bars, and steps, may be used to promote cardiovascular benefits.
- Morning Fit - This low impact cardio class is light on the joints, but offers a solid workout. It features easy to learn moves and fun, upbeat music, followed by a toning and core workout.
- Pilates & Toning - This class begins with a Yoga style warm up and leads into Pilates moves designed to enhance muscle tone, strength and flexibility.
- Seniors Fitness - This class is designed specifically with Seniors in mind, featuring low impact exercises to help improve strength, balance, and mobility.
- Basic Step - Traditional and basic moves, light choreography, and instruction on proper technique when using the step.
- Intermediate/Advanced Step - A high intensity class with unique moves, as well as fun and challenging choreography.
- STEPreotipados -High energy class with traditional and challenging step moves, basic-intermediate choreography to the rhythm of the music (count 32), and instruction on proper techniques using the step. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi5MkgSkRk4
- Total Body Conditioning - A class designed to maximize time with a variety of calorie incinerating movements. Come ready for a challenge, and learn a new array of cardio and resistance training exercises.
- Water Fitness
- Shallow - Held in the shallow end of the Aquarena pool, this class uses low impact aerobic training to improve strength and cardio in a fun and beginner friendly environment.
- Deep - Held in the deep end of the Aquarena or MUN pool, this class combines swimming with resistance training and water aerobics for a challenging and refreshing workout. All participants must be comfortable swimming in deep water, because the flotation devices provided are not life jackets.
- Basic - Introduce yourself to the benefits of Yoga, including improved flexibility and balance, muscle endurance, long and lean muscles, enhanced focus and stress relief.
- Gentle- A mild stretch and strengthening workout combining basic beginner yoga moves with bodyweight strengthening exercises.
Memberships & Pricing
Fitness Class Drop-In: $4.85/class
The following memberships include access to Fitness Classes:
|1 Mo.||3 Mo.||6 Mo.||1 Yr.
|Dryland Fitness Classes
OR Water Fitness Classes
|Field House Combo||63.00||190.00||340.00||600.00||53.50|
|Field House Combo
Deluxe 2nd Adult
All prices are plus HST.
Spin class is a fun cardiovascular workout using a stationary bicycle. Your instructor will simulate a variety of sprinting and hill climbing drills enabling you to build your cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and endurance. Classes are for all levels, beginners to advanced, as you are in control of your resistance level on your bike and how hard you want to work in class.
Seats can be booked up to 6 days in advance at the Field House or Aquarena Customer Service Desks and by calling 864-4422 . Payment is due at time of booking. There are 19 seats available per class and drop-in seats are based on avlability. Schedules, prices and instructors are subject to change at anytime.
Memberships & Pricing
Spin Class Drop-Ins
- Members(Prime Time Basic & Student Members): $6.15
- Non-Members: $12.25
The following memberships include access to Spin Classes:
Field House Combo & Prime Time Deluxe.